We love pumpkin around here. Love it!
I look forward to Fall all year long so I can consume all things pumpkin. I know I can technically make pumpkin treats whenever I want but it’s just not the same.
Pumpkin is for Fall. I’ve had this pumpkin earthquake cake recipe for years but I decided to tweak it and fancy it up some this year.
It’s delicious! I’ve made it twice in the last 2 weeks. I should be ashamed to tell you that, but I’m not because PUMPKIN!
White Chocolate Pumpkin Earthquake Cake
- 1 stick butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 can (15oz) pumpkin puree
- Melt butter in large bowl.
- Combine melted butter, softened cream cheese, vanilla, and powdered sugar together by hand.
- Add butterscotch and white chocolate chips and mix well.
- In separate bowl, mix powdered cake mix, pumpkin pie spice, and pumpkin puree until well combined.
- Pour into 13×9 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Drop spoonfuls of cream cheese mixture over top of batter.
- Drag a knife through batter to swirl cream cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes and allow to cool.
Let me tell you how good this earthquake cake is- I meant to get a close up shot of a slice for you.
But it didn’t last long enough! I took it with us to a friends’ house for dinner this last weekend and it was gone so fast!
I highly recommend this one. I might even make it for Thanksgiving!