I love fruit salad! There is rarely a time during the warm Summer months that I don’t have some kind of fruit salad in my fridge.
I have tried so many recipes over the years, searching for that elusive perfect one.
I have been looking for one with a great combination of sweet and tangy. I have finally found it!
I made this fruit salad for a cookout and everyone raved about it. The marriage of flavors is absolutely fantastic.
I have officially found my favorite fruit salad recipe!
Sweet & Tangy Summer Fruit Salad
- 1 can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can peach slices, drained
- 1 can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup seedless grapes, red or green
- 1 pkg vanilla instant pudding
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1/3 cup frozen OJ concentrate, thawed
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Combine fruit in a large bowl and set aside.
- In mixing bowl, combine pudding mix, milk and OJ.
- Beat with mixer for 2 minutes.
- Add sour cream to mixture.
- Continue blending with mixture until well combined.
- Fold mix into bowl containing the fruit.
- Mix gently until well combined.
- Pour into serving bowl.
- Cover and chill for several hours.
Combine fruit in a large bowl; set aside.
In mixing bowl, combine pudding mix, milk and OJ.
Beat with mixer for 2 minutes.
Add sour cream to mixture.
Continue blending with mixture until well combined.
Fold mix into bowl containing the fruit.
Mix gently until well combined.
Pour into serving bowl; cover and chill for several hours.
I always serve in individual glasses so it looks fancy. So I’m using Margarita glasses…don’t judge. Ha!
Look at all that yummy!
You will not be disappointed in the flavor of this fruit salad, it’s amazing!
Next time I make it I think I’m going to sneak a bit of Coconut Rum into the pudding mixture.
I bet it will be amazingly tasty. I’ll be sure to let you know!