One thing I can always count on in my house is that if I mix it with pasta, the kids will eat it. I tested that theory once again with this spicy goulash dish.
They ate every bite and we barely had any leftovers! You could add just about any vegetable to this dish and it would be great.
Southern Macaroni Goulash Recipe
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (24oz) spaghetti sauce
- 1 box (16oz) elbow macaroni noodles, cooked
- 1 can corn
- 1 can Fire roasted spicy black pepper diced tomatoes
- Brown ground beef and onion; drain.
- Add spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, and corn; mix well.
- Bring to boil over medium heat; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add cooked noodles and combine well.
The flavors in this dish were spectacular. For Matt and Ty, who really love extra spicy food, I added some red pepper flakes. They raved about it.
This would be a great dish to take to a potluck dinner because it’s easy, it makes a ton, and it’s really delicious!