My kids are huge fans of macaroni and cheese. HUGE fans! But they hate every brand of boxed macaroni ever made. They also are very picky about the type of cheese and the cheese/sauce ratio.
Insert eye roll here. I’ve experimented with so many different recipes and never hit on one that they all loved. Until now. I have found it.
The perfect macaroni and cheese recipe. I’ve made this 5 times now and every single person in my house licks their plate clean.
Instant Pot Macaroni & Cheese Recipe
- 16 oz elbow noodles
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp Frank’s RedHot sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1.5 cups shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1.5 cups milk
- Put dry noodles, chicken broth, butter, hot sauce, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in Instant Pot.
- Seal lid and set to manual high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When done leave on warming and use quick release.
- Add cheeses and milk and stir until melted.
I’m telling you, this was the best macaroni and cheese! It had enough spice to keep it interesting, it was creamy, and the flavors just popped right out at you with every bite. I will never make another recipe again!