Who doesn’t love pizza? My kids would happily eat pizza every day of the week if I let them. Which, for the record, I do not allow them to do. I’m not that nice of a mom.
But pizza is one thing I know that everybody will eat when I know we have a busy evening and I don’t have time to fight the dinner time battle.
So any chance I get to incorporate pizza into our dinner without actually serving pizza I know it’s going to be a good night.
Pizza Pasta Bake Recipe
- 1 box penne pasta, cooked
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 jar sliced mushrooms
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced pepperoni
- 16 oz pizza sauce
- 4 Tbsp milk
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Brown ground beef with onion and bell pepper; drain.
- In baking dish combine cooked noodles, pepperoni, mushrooms, pizza sauce, milk, and ground beef mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Top with cheese and continue baking for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
The kids loved it! Next time I think I’ll add some black olives because Matt loves them. Ty said this was like eating a pizza with the works in pasta form.
And he’s right! It was delicious and you could add all of your favorite pizza toppings. Ham would be fantastic and so would spicy Italian sausage! The possibilities are endless.