Matt wanted something different for our Super Bowl party this year. We did the typical appetizers and the obligatory pizza and wings. But he wanted something else too.
We decided on these amazing Philly Cheesesteak Sliders. I love sliders of any kind and he loves Philly Cheesesteak. They turned out so amazingly delicious. It was a last minute addition to the menu that I literally tossed together an hour before guests were set to arrive!
1 package slider rolls
1 bag refrigerated steak slices
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 onion, sliced
6 slices cheese (we used mozzarella)
3 Tbsp mayo
3 Tbsp butter, melted
1. Separate top and bottom of slider rolls and lay bottom (still connected) in baking dish.
2. Heat the steak sliders in pan.
3. When heated through, add the peppers and onions until sauteed.
4. Spread a layer of mayo on bottom rolls.
5. Spread the steak, peppers, and onions on top of mayo.
6. Lay cheese slices over top.
7. Spread mayo on top rolls and put the top rolls over cheese.
8. Brush the top of the rolls with melted butter.
9. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
10. Remove foil and continue baking for 10 minutes.
Now, I would recommend using Provolone cheese slices instead of mozzarella. But due to some insanely picky kids who happen to live in this house and hate Provolone cheese, I had to make due with mozzarella. It was still delicious and yummy and we ate every single crumb. So I highly suggest making these!