We love pasta but there are only so many variations I can make with chicken.
So the other day when I was throwing together a pasta dinner I decided to make one with shrimp instead and it turned out great.
I didn’t follow a recipe, I just added stuff and adjusted for flavor. The kids adored it and ate every bite. We had zero leftovers the next day.
I guess I’ll be adding this one to the regular rotation- it’s an easy way to get some extra veggies in the kids!
Parmesan & Spinach Shrimp Pasta Toss
- 1 jar (26oz) Marinara Sauce
- 1 jar (16 oz) Alfredo Sauce
- 1 pkg frozen spinach; thawed and drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese; shredded
- 1 lb frozen small cooked shrimp; thawed
- 1 box pasta shells
- Cook and drain pasta as directed; return to pot.
- In large bowl mix marinara sauce and alfredo sauce until well combined.
- Add spinach, tomatoes and parmesan cheese to sauce; mix well.
- Pour sauce mixture over shells and stir well.
- Add shrimp and toss to combine.
- Heat through before serving.