I am ashamed to tell you that until recently I have never made brussel sprouts. I was forced to eat them during childhood and they were my most hated vegetable so I’ve avoided them like the plague.
I finally decided to overcome my dislike and made it a mission to find some recipes that would make brussel sprouts flavorful and delicious. And this recipe? It’s a winner! Even my kids ate it…well, most of them. Ha!
1 lb brussel sprouts, trimmed and halved
3 Tbsp olive oil
3 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp maple syrup
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp sriracha sauce
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Lay sprouts on lined and sprayed baking sheet.
2. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
3. Bake at 400 for 40 minutes, stirring halfway.
4. In small saucepan, combine remaining ingredients and heat over medium high heat for 5-7 minutes until sauce thickens.
5. Remove brussel sprouts from oven and transfer to bowl.
6. Add sauce a little at a time, tossing gently to coat.
A couple of notes- do not skimp on the sriracha sauce! It absolutely is essential to the flavors of this dish. Also, when I say toss gently I mean TOSS GENTLY. Trust me on this one. I will absolutely be making this side dish again soon.