We are a family that loves the meatball subs at Subway but at more than $6.50 each that gets very expensive for one meal.
So I had to learn to make them at home. I tried several different recipes and tweaked them until I found one that worked well for us.
The kids love these and it’s a delicious dinner for those busy weeknights when we barely have a minute to spare.
Oven Baked Meatball Marinara Subs
- 1 bag frozen meatballs
- 1 bag hoagie rolls
- 1 jar (24oz) marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Combine meatballs and spaghetti sauce in large pot and heat through.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray. Take each hoagie roll and fill with 4-5 meatballs.
- Top with some of the sauce and place rolls on baking sheet as you fill them.
- Top each with cheese.
- Bake at 400 until cheese is melted and bubbly, approximately 7-10 minutes.