We are a family of Mexican food lovers but I get so tired of the same old regular recipes in our rotation. I like to switch it up and try something new once in awhile, mostly for the enjoyment I get out of watching the confused, shocked looks on my poor kids’ faces when they don’t recognize what I’m putting in front of them at dinner time. Hey, I have to get my giggles where I can these days.
1 pkg Stand n Stuff soft flour tortilla boats
2 cups brown rice, cooked
1/2 can refried beans
1 pkt taco seasoning
2 cups chicken, cooked and chopped
2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
1 jar taco sauce
1 can sweet corn, drained
1 cup sour cream
1. In large bowl, combine rice, refried beans, taco seasoning, chicken, corn, and half the cheese.
2. Place tortilla boats on cookie sheet lined with foil.
3. Divide mixtures evenly among tortilla boats.
4. Bake at 400 for 8 minutes.
5. Top with shredded cheese, taco sauce, and sour cream.
I was in a hurry when I threw this dinner together so I used Tyson’s refrigerated Fajita seasoned chicken strips which worked perfectly.
I think next time I make this I will substitute the refried beans for black beans. The kids loved this dinner despite the fact I snuck in both beans and corn- normally a no-no for both Mase and Ty.
I guess the novelty of eating a taco in a boat made both the beans and corn bearable.