My family loves Mexican food! Enchiladas, tacos, burritos….we love it all!
I have tried the following recipe several different ways until I finally hit on the ingredients that we like the best. I love how easy it is to throw this together and toss it in the oven.
I’ve even been buying the little bags of Tyson pre-cooked, pre-diced chicken breasts because I’m so short on time these days.
A little pricey but still cheaper than eating out so that makes them worth it to me.
Mexican Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 2 cups cooked, chopped chicken
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 bag frozen corn, cooked
- 1 pkg flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Tear 3 tortillas into strips or pieces and put in bottom of baking dish.
- Combine 3 cans of soup and Rotel in large bowl; stir.
- Add cooked corn to mixture.
- Add chopped chicken to mixture.
- Stir mixture until well combined.
- Pour into baking dish on top of tortillas.
- Top with 2 cups shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Mexican Chicken Casserole
If you don’t like Rotel you can always substitute regular diced tomatoes instead.
When I used diced tomatoes instead of Rotel I added a packet of taco seasoning to give it more flavor. Also, the cheddar cheese soup is totally optional.
My family likes this dish really cheesy but I’ve also made it without the cheddar cheese soup and it was just as good.