I made a casserole the other day that every single person in this house loved. They raved about it. They went back for seconds…some of them went back for thirds. Mase licked his plate clean. And every one asked me to make it every week.
Say what? It’s rare that every person loves what I make for dinner. There is usually at least one person complaining about something- they don’t like the sauce, they don’t like corn, the don’t want to eat Babe the pig, they don’t like the crispy topping. Someone is always whining. But this recipe- it’s clearly magical. Clearly.
1 bag crispy crowns tater tots
2 cups cooked & chopped chicken
1 cup bacon, cooked & crumbled
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
8 oz sour cream
1 cup tomato, diced
*Note: To save time and prep for myself, I used 2 bags of Tyson Grilled & Ready fully cooked Southwestern style chicken breast strips and diced them up. I also used Oscar Meyer real bacon pieces instead of cooking my own bacon.
1. Place a single layer of crispy crown tater tots in the bottom of a greased 13×9 baking dish.
2. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes.
3. Remove from oven; layer chopped chicken, bacon, and 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese over top of tater tots.
4. Return to oven and bake at 400 for an additional 10 minutes.
5. Serve with sour cream, remaining shredded cheese, and tomatoes.
Just look at all this yum! Is your mouth watering yet? Believe it or not, this tastes even better than it looks! Matt compared it to TGI Friday’s Loaded Baked Potato Skins. High praise, indeed.
Don’t count on having leftovers when you make this because there won’t be any! You might have to fight for a second helping, Hunger Games style. Or maybe that’s just my house….