My family loves attending the Greek Street Festivals and the Renaissance Fair, mainly because of the food! A favorite of everyone’s is the Greek Gyros- the flavor just explodes in your mouth.
Unfortunately lamb is a little pricey for my grocery budget so I found a way to get all the flavors of the Greek street Gyros with my Walmart budget! The family all loved these and we had not one bite leftover!
1 cup plain greek yogurt
1/4 of medium cucumber, peeled & chopped
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp minced garlic
Salt, to taste
1.5 lbs ground beef
2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1.5 tsp minced garlic
1.5 tsp onion powder
1.5 tsp salt
Black pepper, to taste
Naan bread, Sliced tomatoes, Shredded lettuce, Feta Cheese & Yogurt Sauce
1. Combine all sauce ingredients and refrigerate while cooking Gyros.
2. Combine ground beef and seasonings in large bowl then form into several large patties.
3. Fry patties in large skillet over medium heat until cooked through, about 7-9 minutes per side.
4. Remove patties to cutting board and allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing into strips.
5. Serve with sliced meat in a warmed naan bread and top with sliced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, feta cheese, and yogurt sauce.