I love chicken pot pie but I rarely have time to make it from scratch.
Actually, I never have time to make it from scratch. So finding a shortcut to one of my favorite Fall dinners was awesome.
This took no time to toss together and it was so delicious. The kids loved it.
Easy Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
- 2-3 cups cooked & chopped chicken
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can sliced carrots, drained
- 1 can sweet peas, drained
- 1/2 cup jarred roasted red pepper
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 can refrigerated biscuits
- Combine chicken, soup, sour cream, milk, carrots, peas, & red pepper in large bowl.
- Pour into 11×7 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 425 for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese over top.
- Arrange biscuits in single layer on top.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of cheese on top.
- Return to oven and continue cooking for 25-30 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown and cooked through.
The cheese baked on top of the biscuits give them a yummy crunch that is so full of flavor.
This is a great meal for those busy nights when you need something easy to throw in the oven.