This time of year I hate to use the oven but it’s also too hot to grill out every single night. So I try to use the crockpot a few times a week when it’s going to be really hot. My family loves BBQ in any form and this recipe is a family favorite.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 bottle favorite BBQ sauce
1/2 can beer
1 bag shredded coleslaw mix
1 jar coleslaw dressing
1 bag hamburger buns
1. Combine chicken breasts, BBQ sauce & beer in crockpot.
2. Cook on LOW for 8 hours or HIGH for 4 hours.
3. Shred chicken, return to crockpot, & mix well.
4. Prepare coleslaw according to directions on coleslaw dressing jar.
5. Serve BBQ chicken on buns topped with coleslaw.
The kids even like the coleslaw on their BBQ sandwiches when normally they wouldn’t touch coleslaw with a 10 foot pole. This recipe makes enough feed our whole family for dinner and we have enough left over for lunch the next day.