I’ve been eyeing a recipe on Pinterest for months for a Bacon Cheeseburger soup.
But it had way too many ingredients, not enough meat, and the prep time didn’t fit in with my daily life.
So I tweaked it to fit my family’s needs.
Crockpot Bacon Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef, cooked & drained
- 2 packs real bacon bits
- 2 cans (14oz each) diced potatoes, drained
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 16 oz Velveeta cheese, cubed
- Pour chicken broth into crockpot.
- Add diced potatoes, ground beef, & bacon bits. Stir.
- Cook on High for 3 hours.
- Add milk and cubed Velveeta. Stir to combine.
- Continue cooking on High for 45 minutes until cheese is melted.
This recipe was a huge success.
My kids loved it and we barely had enough leftover for my husband to take to work the next day for lunch.
I have added this recipe to my family favorites collection.