I love salmon and I could happily eat it for dinner 5 nights a week. Unfortunately I live with a bunch of small people who would probably go on a hunger strike.
They much prefer pasta or pizza or anything cheese filled. I have to work to find recipes that combine my love of salmon with their love of cheese.
This recipe was originally intended to be Spinach stuffed salmon but I was short on time so it became cheesy spinach topped instead. And it was delicious!
8 Salmon Fillets
4 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
8 oz cream cheese at room temp
8 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
1 Tbsp minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1. Place salmon on surface and season each side with salt, pepper, olive oil, and lemon juice.
2. In small bowl, combine spinach, cream cheese, and garlic.
3. Lay salmon fillets on sprayed baking sheet.
4. Top each evenly with spinach mixture.
5. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
6. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
7. Add ingredients for garlic butter to microwavable dish and heat until butter melts.
8. Pour over salmon and broil for 3-5 minutes.
I don’t think I’ll bother trying this recipe stuffed when I make it again, having the broiled cheese on top was amazing! My kids ate every bite and were disappointed that there were no leftovers.