I’ve been on a quest over the last few months to find new soup recipes, especially ones I can make in the Crockpot. I love crockpot soups on a Sunday- especially during Football season
Matt has specific requirements for soups- lots of meat and tons of flavor. I found this recipe and tweaked it to add more meat and more flavor. Everyone loved it! We had no leftovers for the next day.
Creamy Crockpot Black Bean Chicken Soup Recipe
- 3 frozen chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can corn, drained
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 8 oz sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Place chicken in bottom of crockpot.
- Pour broth, beans, corn, salsa, and taco seasoning over top.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
- Shred chicken and return to crockpot.
- Stir to combine.
- Serve with sour cream and shredded cheese.