My kids are big Danish fans. They love those sickly sweet, not always fresh, ones you buy in bulk at Sams or Cosco’s.
I hate those things, they just do not taste like a real danish. At least not to me.
So when I saw this amazingly easy recipe I knew had to give it a try. And guess what? The kids loved it!
I should have made a double batch! I made it with apple this time but think of all the possibilities!
Next time I’m going to try cherry and then peach. You could even do pumpkin for fall!
Cream Cheese Apple Danish Recipe
- 1 pkg crescent rolls
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 t vanilla extract
- 1 can apple pie filling
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- Cinnamon sugar
- Unroll crescent rolls, divide in half. Pinch seams together on one half and lay in bottom of greased 8×8 baking dish.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract together.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over top of crescent rolls.
- Layer apples on top of cream cheese mixture.
- Lay the other half of crescent rolls over top of apples, making sure to pinch seams together.
- Pour melted butter over top.
- Sprinkle generously with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Cut and serve to the starving children hovering around you like animals.
Doesn’t that look fantastic? It was delicious, just delicious!
I really am wishing I had made a double batch because I want some right now!
The kids ate this for breakfast before school as a breakfast treat and I was the cool mom…. at least for one morning.
Pretty sure the pajama pants and flip-flops in the car rider line ruined that half an hour later though.