If you’re looking for a delicious, easy, & crowd pleasing side dish for a 4th of July cook out, I have one for you today! I made this for a family BBQ a few weeks ago and HOLY COW, was it yummy! It makes a ton so we had leftovers for a couple of days.
Cold Cornbread Salad Recipe
- 1 box (8.5 oz) Jiffy Cornbread
- 2 cans corn, drained
- 2 cans pinto beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 cans black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- 1 medium orange pepper, diced
- 1 container grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 pkg bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1 pkt ranch dressing/dip mix
- Prepare & cook cornbread as directed on package (I cook the cornbread the night before and allow it to sit out uncovered overnight)
- The next morning, combine the remaining ingredients except the sour cream and ranch mix in a large bowl.
- Mix gently until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate until 1 hour before serving.
- Combine sour cream and ranch mix together.
- Pour mixture into cornbread salad & mix well.
- Serve chilled.
I just cannot tell you how good this was- especially as leftovers! Everyone raved about it and my family has already requested it for the 4th of July cook out. I think it’s going to be the most requested dish every time our families get together.