My family loves it when I make Chili in the crockpot but we always end up with a ton of leftovers that nobody wants to eat the next day.
So I went searching for what to do with leftover chili and discovered this Chili Dog Cheese Fries Casserole! I made some changes and tweaked it to fit our family. The kids were so excited to see French Fries on their plates!
Chili Dog Cheese Fries Casserole Recipe
- 1 lb turkey sausage, sliced
- 20 oz leftover chili
- 1 bag frozen shoestring french fries
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Spray bottom of 13×9 baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Mix sliced sausage and chili in pan.
- Top with layer of french fries.
- Bake at 450 for 25 minutes.
- Top with cheese and continue baking for 3-5 minutes until cheese melts.
As I said, I used the leftover chili from our dinner the night before but you can also use a can of chili if you want too. You can also substitute hot dogs for the sausage- we just don’t like hot dogs unless they’re grilled.
This turned out so much better than I expected. The kids ate every single bite and even the husband was impressed!