I love simple meals. Chicken and stuffing is one of my favorites. It just tastes like my childhood and makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.
I also love my crockpot and the convenience of being able to cook dinner while still running my errands. Combining the love of simple meals with the love of my crockpot is pretty much my nirvana of happy places.
This recipe is a new family favorite and I know it will be in heavy rotation!
4 chicken breasts, defrosted
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 boxes of cornbread stuffing mix
8 oz sour cream
1 small package of frozen green beans
1. Place chicken breasts in bottom of crockpot.
2. Pour both boxes of dry stuffing mix over top.
3. In small bowl, mix together the soup and sour cream.
4. Pour mixture over top of stuffing.
5. Top with frozen green beans.
6. Add 1.5 cups water.
7. Cook on High for 4 hours or on Low for 8 hours.
My kids ate every single bite and loved it. We had no leftovers at all! I think next time I make this I will be doubling the recipe just so we have leftovers for lunch the next day.
I do recommend fluffing the stuffing with a fork about halfway through the cooking time so the moisture soaks in more. And I’ve made this twice- once cooked on high and once cooked on low- and the chicken is a lot more moist and tender when I cooked it on low for 8 hours.