I don’t know about y’all but one of my favorite all-time comfort foods for the chilly months is Chicken Pot Pie. But I never have time to make it from scratch and I’m not a fan of the frozen varieties.
So I have to improvise! And what better way to improvise than to make a soup in the crockpot? I love my crockpot!
3-4 chicken breasts
1/2 cup diced onion
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup milk
1 bag (16oz) frozen mixed vegetables
1 chicken bullion cube, crushed
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
1 can diced potatoes, drained
4 cups chicken broth
1. Place chicken in bottom of crockpot.
2. Top with diced onions and potatoes.
3. In bowl, combine soups, milk, chicken bullion, salt, and pepper and mix well.
4. Pour soup mixture over onions and potatoes.
5. Add chicken broth.
6. Cook on Low for 8 hours.
7. 30 minutes before serving, shred chicken and return to crockpot and add mixed vegetables.
8. Stir to combine.
9. Continue cooking for 30-40 minutes.
This soup was delicious! I added biscuits to the side and it was just like eating homemade from scratch chicken pot pie. The kids loved it and so did Matt. I’m definitely adding this one to my regular meal rotation!