I’ve been experimenting with some pasta dishes lately because pasta is always a safe choice in this house.
Everyone loves pasta. But we get tired of the same few pasta dinners and I needed to mix it up.
This combination was a huge hit with the kids and the adults.
Cheesy Salsa Chicken Pasta Recipe
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken
- 16 oz jar of chunky salsa
- 16 oz tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 6 oz pkg French Fried Onions
- 1 box favorite pasta (I used rotini)
- Cook pasta as directed on package. Drain and return to pot.
- Add chicken, salsa, tomato sauce, water, and shredded cheese to drained pasta; stir to combine.
- Pour into 13×9 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with French Fried Onions.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and cook additional 10 minutes.
We had zero leftovers after this dinner. The kids loved it.
I think next time I will add more salsa because my family likes it a little saucier but the flavor was fantastic!