I love dinners that I can throw all the ingredients in one pan and bake. It’s so much easier on busy nights. Plus it’s much less clean up for mom. I’m all about that.
This recipe originally called for regular cheddar cheese but I like to live on the wild side and scare my kids so I used Pepper Jack cheese instead. They were suitably appalled by my choice. It’s the little things, folks, it’s the little things.
Ironically, every single one of them loved the dinner. I don’t play around with dinner. If I cook it, they eat it. Otherwise my 7 year old would sustain himself on a diet that consisted solely of Doritos and Pizza rolls.
3 cups cooked & chopped chicken
6 Tbsp butter, divided
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/3 cup milk
9 slices pepperjack cheese
1 can sliced mushrooms
1 box chicken stuffing mix
1. Melt 2 Tbsp butter in bottom of 13×9 baking dish.
2. Spread chopped chicken in pan.
3. Add mushrooms over chicken.
4. Lay cheese slices over mushrooms.
5. Mix soup and milk together & spread over cheese.
6. Sprinkle stuffing over top.
7. Melt remaining 4 Tbsp butter and pour over stuffing mix.
8. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
I turned the oven to broil for the last couple of minutes just to add a little crunch to the stuffing and it was delicious. But it’s totally optional and I’m sure it would be delicious either way!