We are a pasta lovin’ family. I’m quarter Italian so I’m convinced pasta sauce runs in my veins. I like all types of pasta and my kids do too.
I’m perfectly happy with a yummy meatless pasta dish but I live in a house full of carnivores so I have to take typical meatless pasta recipes and doctor them up some to fit our needs.
This Chicken Manicotti dish started out as a cheese manicotti and I almost added ground beef but at the last minute decided to go with shredded chicken instead. And it was delicious!
2 cups cooked & chopped chicken
1 jar (24oz) spaghetti sauce
1 tsp garlic salt
2 tsps Italian seasoning
1 carton (15oz) ricotta cheese
1 box manicotti shells, uncooked
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Spread 1/3 of spaghetti sauce in bottom of 13×9 baking dish.
2. Mix ricotta cheese with chicken, Italian seasoning, and garlic salt.
3. Scoop mixture into gallon size ziploc bag and cut off one bottom corner.
4. Gently squeeze bag to fill each manicotti shell.
5. Place filled shells on top of spaghetti sauce in pan.
6. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over top.
7. Cover with shredded cheese.
8. Cover pan with foil and bake at 350 for 1 hour.
The kids loved this new and improved pasta dish. Even Matt raved about it and he’s pretty much a meat and potatoes kind of guy. I’ll definitely make this one again!