I love Mexican food. Well, mostly I really love margaritas but I also enjoy enchiladas. Margaritas and enchiladas are a pretty great Friday night in my house.
So any chance I get to serve a Mexican dish for dinner, I jump on it in a hurry. The kids will eat anything with cheese and they love rice so this casserole is perfect for them.
Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Casserole Recipe
- 3 cups cooked & shredded chicken
- 2 cups Jasmine rice, cooked as directed on package
- 2 cans (10oz each) mild enchilada sauce
- 1 can refried beans
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 can whole corn kernels
- In large bowl, combine chicken, enchilada sauce, refried beans, and half of cheese.
- Add cooked rice; mix well.
- Pour into 13×9 baking dish.
- Spread corn over mixture.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
This casserole turned out so delicious. It’s like a real enchilada without the extra carbs of the tortillas, which made Matt happy since he’s counting carbs lately.
I put the casserole together in the morning and refrigerated it so all I had to do when I got home was to add the cooked rice and pop it in the oven.