I found a variation of this recipe in a magazine a long time ago and saved it to try one day. Then I forgot.
So when I recently came across one that was very similar I immediately added it to my weekly meal plan.
I tweaked a few things to fit our tastes and everyone loved the end result!
The kids, who eye anything green on their plates with an abundance of suspicion, even asked for second helpings!
That’s a win in my house, y’all.
Cheesy Chicken Divan Recipe
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 2 cups frozen broccoli, cooked
- 1 box chicken stuffing
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Spread cooked broccoli in bottom of 13×9 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Pour chicken over top.
- Combine soup, mayo, and lemon juice together; spread over chicken.
- Sprinkle cheese over top.
- Spread dry stuffing over cheese.
- Pour melted butter over stuffing.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
I’m definitely adding this meal to our regular dinner rotation.
It combines our love of everything cheesy with my need to provide some source of vegetables with dinner.
The best of both worlds!