I’ve been trying to use up some of the items in my pantry, freezers, and refrigerators before the end of the year. I had all these ingredients on hand and tossed them together to make a yummy casserole the other night. It turned out really great! Everyone ate it for dinner and then they all took it for lunch the next day!
2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
1 bag (16oz) frozen broccoli, cooked
1 can cream of celery soup
1 cup milk
16 oz velveeta cheese, cubed
3 cups rice, cooked
1/2 tsp pepper
1 cup breadcrumbs
4 Tbsp butter or margarine, divided
1. In microwavable bowl, combine soup, milk, and velveeta cheese. Microwave until cheese is melted; combine well.
2. Combine cheese mixture, rice, pepper, and chicken in large baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
3. Add broccoli and mix gently.
4. Top with breadcrumbs.
5. Dot pats of butter or margarine on top.
6. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
This was a super easy, super quick weeknight dinner for me. I literally tossed it together in minutes and threw it in the oven to bake. Those are my favorite kinds of dinners on busy nights. I’m definitely adding this one to the meal rotation.