My family has loved every casserole I have made with tater tots. Apparently, tater tots make everything taste better.
I feel that way about chocolate so who am I to judge? I’ve had the recipe idea brewing in my mind for a while and finally gave it a try.
Usually, I layer the tater tots in the bottom of the pan but this time I mixed it all together so they would be really flavorful.
I will definitely be making this one again, we had zero leftovers!
Cheesy Chicken Bacon Ranch Tater Tot Casserole
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 pkt dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 pkg real bacon pieces
- 2 cups cooked & chopped chicken
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 bag (30oz) frozen crispy crown tater tots
- In large bowl, combine sour cream, soup, ranch mix, 1/2 cup of cheese, chicken, and bacon.
- Fold in frozen crispy crown tater tots.
- Spoon mixture into 13×9 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
The ranch dressing mix just sent the flavors in this dinner into the next world. It was delicious.
I caught the teen rummaging through the fridge later that night looking for the leftovers that didn’t exist.
Poor kid, he was totally bummed to not get a second dinner.