I’m continuing on my mission to find some new and delicious pasta salad recipes for this Spring and Summer.
This is a super busy time of year for us and I love that pasta salads allow me to make them early in the day and then they just chill in the fridge until it’s time for dinner.
I found a few different variations of a BBQ Chicken Pasta Salad but none of them were exactly what I was looking for so I created my own with some trial and error. And it was delicious!
1 box pasta noodles
2 cups cooked & shredded chicken
1 carton grape tomatoes, halved
1 can whole kernal corn, drained
1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
2 cups Kraft cheese crumbles
3/4 cup BBQ sauce
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 bag tortilla strips
1. Cook pasta as directed on package, rinse with cold water.
2. In large serving bowl combine pasta, chicken, tomatoes, corn, black beans, and cheese.
3. In small bowl, mix together BBQ sauce, mayonnaise, and apple cider vinegar.
4. Add BBQ sauce mixture to pasta salad and toss to coat.
5. Cover and chill for 1-2 hours.
6. Before serving sprinkle with tortilla strips.
The kids loved this pasta salad. You can adjust the BBQ sauce/mayo ratio depending on your own taste. I found that the BBQ sauce by itself was too overpowering so adding the mayonnaise just smoothed it out some. It was so delicious! I can’t wait to make this one again.