I love pasta. That’s not really a secret, right? One of my favorite pasta dishes is lasagna but I rarely make it because I don’t have time. But this baked taco lasagna is really easy and fast to put together, even on a weeknight.
You can even assemble it earlier in the day, pop it in the fridge, and toss it in the oven when you get home in the evening.
12 no boil lasagna noodles
2 lbs ground beef
1 pkt taco seasoning
1 container (15oz) ricotta cheese
4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 jar (24oz) chunky salsa
2 cups sour cream
1 can petite diced tomatoes
chopped green onions, to garnish
1. In large skillet, brown ground beef. Drain; add taco seasoning and stir.
2. In small bowl, add the egg and ricotta cheese; stir until combined.
3. Lay 4 lasagna noodles in bottom of 13×9 baking dish.
4. Layer 1/3 of ricotta, 1/3 of ground beef mixture, 1/3 of salsa, and 1/3 of cheese.
5. Repeat layers 2 more times.
6. Bake covered at 350 for 35 minutes.
7. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
8. Top with sour cream, tomatoes, & green onions.
This taco lasagna was full of flavor and cheesy goodness. The kids were skeptical at first because tacos and lasagna just don’t belong together in their world. But I starved them for hours so they’d give it a try. I kid, I kid (not really). But they loved it! Even the teenager, who was the most skeptical of all, cleaned his plate and asked for seconds! That’s a win in my world, y’all.