One of my favorite foods is cheeseburgers. And cheeseburgers with bacon? Pretty much as close to heaven on earth as I can get. I can’t help it, my inner child is addicted to cheeseburgers.
Unfortunately my old body can’t handle the fast food cheeseburgers anymore without some serious repercussions. So I have to make my own at home. During the summer Matt grills our cheeseburgers but during the school year we need an earlier dinner time so I needed an alternative.
These mini cheeseburgers are OMG out of this world good. I saw a kid who shall remain nameless, Ty, licking the bottom of the pan to get all the sauce out. Seriously. They’re pan lickin’ good, y’all. These would be perfect for a tailgate party or a Superbowl party!
1 lb ground beef
1 pkt taco seasoning
1 cup diced onion
1 can Petite Diced tomatoes, drained
12 slices cheese (I used sharp cheddar)
12 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
12 Dinner rolls (King’s Hawaiian were perfect)
8 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp mustard (I used BBQ Mustard)
1. Brown ground beef and onions together; drain.
2. Add taco seasoning and tomatoes; stir and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Lay bottoms of dinner rolls in single layer in a 13×9 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
4. Spoon beef mixture over top.
5. Top with cheese slices.
6. Sprinkle bacon over top.
7. Cover with top half of dinner rolls.
8. In small saucepan, mix the glaze ingredients together and heat over medium heat until smooth and combined.
9. Pour over buns.
10. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
Doesn’t that look delicious? My stomach seriously just growled. The glaze is what makes this the best bacon cheeseburger. It makes the top of the rolls crispy and it adds so much flavor.
I used the Oscar Meyer pre-cooked bacon because I was short on time and it cooks in 40 seconds in the microwave. The bacon just sends this dish over the top and makes it unbelievable.