I love Apple Pie and so do my kids!
I just don’t love the process of actually making the Apple Pie. It takes far too long when you have an almost two-year-old hanging on your legs begging for a snack.
So when I saw a recipe for making Apple Pockets I decided to give it a whirl. I tweaked some things to make the dish out of ingredients I had on hand and it turned out fantastic!
The kids ate every single bite and begged for more!
Apple Pie Enchiladas
- 6 Flour Tortillas (8 inch)
- 1 can (21oz) Apple Pie Filling
- 2 t ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Spread apple pie filling on plate and cut apples into bite size pieces.
- Lay tortillas flat and evenly spoon apple pie filling over top of each.
- Sprinkle cinnamon evenly over top of fruit filling on each tortilla.
- Roll up each tortilla and place seam side down in a greased baking dish.
- Combine brown sugar, white sugar, butter and water in a saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly for 3 minutes.
- Pour sauce mixture evenly over top of tortillas, reserving a little to pour over ice cream.
- Sprinkle with more cinnamon.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
Doesn’t that look fantastic? Look at all those warm apples!
Serve with vanilla ice cream or caramel sauce….or both! Yum. I won’t tell you how many I ate, you will think less of me.