We are huge lovers of tacos in this house and taco Tuesday is something we all look forward to! But sometimes I like to mix it up and do something different with the tacos. I recently made a delicious taco bake that was such a huge hit in my house that I needed to share it with you. The kids devoured this dinner. Seriously. It was gone before I could even think about getting seconds!
2 cups nacho doritos, crushed
1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup onion, diced
1 pkt taco seasoning
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
shredded lettuce, sour cream, chopped tomato, taco sauce for topping
1. Cook ground beef and onions; drain.
2. Add taco seasoning and 1/4 cup water; simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Lay crushed Dorito chips in bottom of 13×9 pan.
4. Spoon meat mixture evenly over top.
5. Top with shredded cheese.
6. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
7. Top with lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, and taco sauce.
I cannot wait to make this again. And one of the best parts is how much I was able to make for the price. Normally when I make tacos I have to use at least 3 lbs of ground beef. This recipe only used 1 lb! That’s a huge amount of money saved! Give this one a try, you will not be sorry!