Well April is coming in with a bang around here. The weather has gone from one extreme to another- 89 degrees on a Tuesday and lows of 32 degrees on Thursday. What the what? Everyone is battling some kind of sickness- sinus infections, ear infections, strep throat, stomach virus….it’s been a long couple of weeks. I’m so ready for April! I did okay on my March goals….fine, I sucked at them. But it’s a new month so new goals!
1. Clean out Zoey’s bedroom. Done. This one absolutely got done 100%. Her room was so bad. I pulled out bags and bags and bags of stuff to donate or trash. She actually has space to play now!
2. Finish Tyler’s bedroom. Partly done. The weight bench is now in the garage, we made space for both his twin bed and his futon couch, we gave him a new cube organizer that doubles as a TV stand, and we cleaned out a lot of clutter. We still need to get the barn door hung, the new curtains, and mount the TV on the wall. But we’re getting there.
3. Finish Maia’s bedroom. Nope. I planned to do a gallery wall and that was about it in her room but we’ve decided to do a whole room makeover. I’m going to paint, hang some DIY lighted curtains as a backdrop to her bed, paint both her desk and vanity, get new bedding and rug, and do a gallery wall. It’s going to take some time, some planning, and some more money so it’s on hold until summer probably.
4. Clean out the kids closets. Done. I cleaned out Zoey and Mason’s closets completely. I got rid of so much stuff! With them wearing uniforms next year in charter school it means I can get rid of a bunch of the excess stuff. Maia cleaned out her own closet for me. And I’m still working on Tyler’s.
5. Clean out the master bedroom. Nope. Sigh. I got a good start. I cleaned out the nightstands, got rid of the extra decor clutter that had been just sitting there, and moved some furniture around. But still a lot is left to do.
1. Work on front yard. Our curb appeal is crap right now, y’all. It’s so bad. We got so busy that we let things slide and now we need to catch up. We just hired TruGreen to come whip our yard back into shape. Tyler and Matt are going to power wash the driveway, siding, walkway, porch, and clean the big windows. I’m going to touch up the paint, add a new front mat and door wreath, and do some potted plants on the porch. Then we’re going to re-mulch the front and probably plant some shrubs or something.
2. Start planning the backyard redo. Just like the front yard, our back yard looks like crap. The dogs have torn up all the grass, not that there was much there to begin with. And because we have so many trees it’s nearly impossible to get grass to grow. So we are going in a different direction and thinking about doing a rock backyard. We need to get the hot tub fixed because it sprung a leak in January. I would love to plan some kind of entertainment area on the deck with the bar, maybe a shallow shed with a TV, and a seating area. Add some plants and colorful cushions with some furniture and we have a nice deck again!
3. Organize papers. Oh the papers. I swear they breed at night. I have a system but I had to do some re-vamping recently. I need to clean out all the master files in the big file cabinet, clean out the monthly files and kids school papers in the command center in the closet, and then figure out something in the kitchen.
4. Do a driving contract with Tyler. He recently got his license and has been driving our cars here and there. But hopefully he will be getting a car in April (or May) and will be driving to school and practice and stuff. So we need to come up with a driving contract outlining responsibilities, expectations, rules, etc. With school and 2 varsity sports it’s nearly impossible for him to work a part time job, which had been the original plan. So we need to find ways for him to earn his car and gas money.
5. Clean out master closet. Good gravy, the master closet. I need to go through every single thing in this monster of a closet and get rid of so much stuff! I’m wearing the same few outfits because I can’t find anything!