I knew I wanted to do a Cinnamon Roll based dish for Christmas Day. I originally planned to do it for breakfast but I ended up making a ton of Biscuits and Gravy so I made this for dinner instead. It was sooooo good. So good. So so good. I used cans of cinnamon rolls because I didn’t have time to make them from scratch but it turned out so delicious that I doubt I will make the rolls from scratch the next time I make this. Everyone in my house loved it. They ate the entire pan in about 10 minutes!
Cinnamon Roll Bake:
2 cans cinnamon rolls
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup sugar
3/4 cup half and half
3 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cloves
3 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups powdered sugar
2 Tbsp half and half
1 Tbsp milk
2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
1. In large bowl, melt the butter with the sugar in microwave.
2. Add eggs, half and half, cinnamon, cloves, and vanilla; beat until smooth.
3. Cut each cinnamon roll into quarters and toss in bowl with egg mixture until well coated.
4. Pour mixture into a 13×9 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray and spread evenly.
5. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
6. For icing, combine all ingredients in bowl and whisk until smooth*
7. Pour over top of cinnamon roll bake and let set for 5 minutes before serving.
*If your icing is too thin, add little increments of powdered sugar until it reaches your desired consistency.
This is just melt in your mouth good, y’all. It was moist and had the perfect amount of icing that was not too sweet but just sweet enough. I cannot wait to make this again!