One thing I can always count on in this family is if I make pasta, everyone is happy. Seriously. Every person in this house will eat seconds (and thirds) of any kind of pasta with any meat and any sauce. I really should just make pasta every single night. Unfortunately I like more variety in my diet than my kids do. This baked spaghetti recipe was more of a hodge podge of ingredients that I had on hand just tossed together but it turned out amazing. In fact, I loved it even more than my original baked spaghetti recipe that I’ve been making for over a decade!
1 box of spaghetti noodles, cooked
1 lb ground beef
1 jar (26-30 oz) spaghetti sauce
1 jar (16oz) Alfredo sauce
1/2 cup diced green peppers
1/2 cup diced onion
1 cup sliced mushrooms
2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Brown the ground beef in large pan with diced green peppers and onions; drain.
2. Add spaghetti sauce to ground beef mixture and combine.
3. Combine cooked spaghetti noodles and alfredo sauce until well coated and pour in bottom of 13×9 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
4. Pour sliced mushrooms over top.
5. Cover with spaghetti sauce mixture.
6. Top with mozzarella cheese. Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.
7. Cover pan with foil.
8. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
I’ve never made Baked Spaghetti with Alfredo sauce before and I wasn’t sure how it would turn out. It was delicious! The kids raved about it. One of the most common complaints about my normal baked spaghetti recipe was that it was a little too dry. Adding the Alfredo sauce gave it just enough moisture to make it perfect. I cannot wait to make this again!