It’s Fri-YAY! Finally. This has been a very long busy week and I’ve never been so happy to see Friday morning. The kids counted down last night how many days of school they have left this year. Mason and Zoey have 34 days, Maia has 32 days, and Tyler has 26 days. Come on summer vacation!
1. Last weekend we went to my parents house to celebrate Easter. My sister and her family also went so it was the whole family and it was fun. The kids had an Easter egg hunt, we ate a ton of good food, and we laughed a lot. Exactly what we needed after some very busy months at our house.
2. We finally got the sliding barn door hung in Tyler’s room. It only took….well, it’s not important how long it took. All that matters is that he finally has a real door, right? We found the whole kit at Lowe’s for $399 and it took us about 45 minute to hang it up. I love it. And we chose the off-white color so it blends with the kitchen. And the kitchen looks so much better now with the door instead of that curtain. I love it!
3. Maia had her first eye appointment this week. She’s been complaining about not being able to see the whiteboard at school so I knew it was time. And sure enough, she needs glasses. She’s nearsighted and has an issue with her eye muscles. So we’re waiting on her glasses to come in now. She picked out some adorable frames and she seems happy enough about it.
4. We also started the redo on her room this week. She’s been waiting patiently for her turn in the room redo rotation at our house. She picked out a beautiful pale aqua color paint and I can’t wait to show you all the fun details we’re doing in her room.
5. Tyler has yet another staph infection on his other thigh now. We went for his monthly Accutane appointment on Tuesday and the dermatologist is really pleased with his progress. She upped his dose again for this month and gave him some antibiotics for the staph infection. Poor kid. I cannot wait for him to be finished with this medicine.
So that’s part of what’s been going on around here this week. We also had a football meeting last night that lasted a long time and 99% pertained to the upcoming freshmen…and their moms. Today I’m hoping the hot tub repair man comes to fix the leak we have in the hot tub so I can enjoy it again. Hopefully next week’s Friday 5 includes a picture of me drinking a margarita in my hot tub. Fri-YAY!