I am always searching for new ideas for fast weeknight dinners that my kids will eat without whining and this one is a winner for sure! I literally threw this together with leftover taco chicken and ingredients I had in the pantry and fridge. And the kids ate it without complaint and even asked for seconds! That’s a win, y’all.
3-4 chicken breasts
1 pkt taco seasoning
8oz shredded Mexican blend cheese
1 pkg flour tortillas
Toppings: Sour Cream, Guacamole, Pico de Gallo
1. Cook chicken breasts in crockpot with 4 cups of water on High for 4 hours.
2. Shred chicken; in large bowl combine chicken, taco seasoning, 1/4 cup water, and shredded cheese.
3. Lightly butter one side of 2 tortillas.
4. Lay buttered side down in heated skillet, top with enough chicken mixture to cover, and lay non-buttered side of second tortilla down on top of chicken mix.
5. Cook and flip until both sides are crispy and browned.
6. Serve with toppings of choice.
I used my grilled cheese maker to brown the tortillas because I’m lazy and it was super fast on a busy night. It took maybe 5 minutes to make these in the grilled cheese maker. I really love that thing. It’s probably the most used small appliance in my kitchen after the coffee maker. Because let’s be real. Coffee=life in this house. I will definitely be making this again!