How is January already over? What in the world? I did really good on my January goals this year. All month I felt like I wasn’t accomplishing much but when I sat down and really thought about it, I did great!
1. Pack up the Christmas decor and get rid of stuff I don’t use. Done. I had so much Christmas decor that I really never used anymore because it just doesn’t match my style now. I weeded through all the tubs and got rid of a bunch. I went from 7 full tubs down to 3. And I made a list of the stuff I want to get for next year.
2. Add 4 new recipes to the dinner menu. Done. I made Crockpot Chicken Stroganoff and Crockpot Chicken Taco Burrito Bowls. Next up is Baked Spaghetti and Spinach Lasagna. I have the ingredients already and both are on the menu for the next 2 weeks.
3. Make a huge donation. Done. I donated 3 big boxes and 4 trash bags full of stuff to the Women & Children’s Shelter. It felt so good to get it all out of the house.
4. Read more. Done. I read a lot of books in January. I spend a lot of time sitting in the car waiting for kids and instead of playing on Facebook or Instagram I’ve been spending that time reading. And I’m much happier.
5. Schedule appointments. Done. Tyler had his dental cleaning and his dermatology appointment. I made Mason’s 9 year check up appointment and Maia’s eye appointment. I’m still working on her orthodontist appointment and Zoey’s eye appointment. It feels good to get these out of the way.
1. Do our taxes. Ugh. I hate tax time. But it needs to be done and we have plans to use any tax return we get back to pay down debt so sooner is better than later.
2. Clean out my closet. I have a lot of clothes and I’m always overwhelmed when I walk in the closet to decide what to wear. I end up grabbing the same stuff because there’s just too much. I want to pare it down to the things I really love and simplify my life.
3. Plan Tyler’s bedroom redo. I have a lot of ideas on what I want to do but I need to see what is really going to work in there. He needs a new bed and I know I want to mount the TV on the wall. Other than those two things I really am still trying to figure it out. Oh and we need to do the sliding barn door for the entry to his room off the kitchen. He really needs that. The curtain just isn’t working anymore.
4. Clean out the master bedroom. I have a collection of junk in there that has migrated from other areas of the house and I’m tired of looking at it. So all that stuff needs to go- either find a home or donate it.
5. Do the Couch 2 5K program. I did it last year and loved it. Then I slacked off. But I need to get moving. My arthritis is acting up again and I know that being active will help me keep my joints from freezing up. But man it takes willpower to run everyday when you’re in pain. I started this a couple of weeks ago so I want to finish it completely in February and then keep running every day.
I feel good about those goals in February. I can do them!