We love pumpkin around here. Love it! I look forward to Fall all year long so I can consume all things pumpkin. I know I can technically make pumpkin treats whenever I want but it’s just not the same. Pumpkin is for Fall. I’ve had this pumpkin earthquake cake recipe for years but I decided to tweak it and fancy it up some this year. It’s delicious! I’ve made it twice in the last 2 weeks. I should be ashamed to tell you that, but I’m not because PUMPKIN!
1 stick butter
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup butterscotch chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1 box white cake mix
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 can (15oz) pumpkin puree
1. Melt butter in large bowl.
2. Combine melted butter, softened cream cheese, vanilla, and powdered sugar together by hand.
3. Add butterscotch and white chocolate chips and mix well.
4. In separate bowl, mix powdered cake mix, pumpkin pie spice, and pumpkin puree until well combined.
5. Pour into 13×9 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
6. Drop spoonfuls of cream cheese mixture over top of batter.
7. Drag a knife through batter to swirl cream cheese mixture.
8. Bake at 350 for 50 minutes and allow to cool.
Let me tell you how good this earthquake cake is- I meant to get a close up shot of a slice for you. But it didn’t last long enough! I took it with us to a friends’ house for dinner this last weekend and it was gone so fast! I highly recommend this one. I might even make it for Thanksgiving!