There is nothing our family loves more than movie night. We are movie buffs and at least 2 Saturday nights a month we crowd onto the comfy couch in the family room and watch a movie. The older kids are partial to scary movies while the younger kids would rather watch an action movie. We normally end up renting a movie that is suitable for everyone like Pitch Perfect 2 or Furious 7. Yes, we let our 5 year old watch PG-13 movies but we fast forward anything questionable. Then when the little kids go to sleep we rent something scary to watch with the teen, like Poltergeist or Insidious 3. One of the things my kids look forward to the most about family movie night is the popcorn. They love the popcorn because I make marshmallow caramel popcorn. It’s delicious and so easy and we all love it!
12 cups popped popcorn
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
2-3 cups mini marshmallows
1. In microwavable bowl, combine brown sugar and butter.
2. Microwave for 2 minutes; stir.
3. Add marshmallows.
4. Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes.
5. Stir until well combined and smooth.
6. Pour over popcorn & stir to combine well.
This makes some really delicious and creamy caramel popcorn. If you want your popcorn to be crispy and crunchy: after pouring marshmallow mixture over popcorn, spread the popcorn on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 300 for 20-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. We like ours melt in your mouth gooey so I rarely bake it.
If you’ve been looking for a delicious, easy, nut-free caramel popcorn recipe for movie night then you should give this one a try. You won’t be disappointed!
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2-3 cups mini marshmallows
- In microwavable bowl, combine brown sugar and butter.
- Microwave for 2 minutes; stir.
- Add marshmallows.
- Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Stir until well combined and smooth.
- Pour over popcorn & stir to combine well.