When we want pizza but don’t have a coupon I do the French Bread pizzas at home to save money. We can make them exactly how we want them and everyone is happy. With our family we usually do a variety of different toppings so everyone can pick and choose what they want. These are super easy and super fast for those busy nights!
2-3 Loaves of French Bread**
2 jars pizza sauce
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Toppings of your choice
1. Cut french bread in half, length wise and place open face on baking sheet.
2. Spread 1/4-1/2 jar pizza sauce on each.
3. Top with your favorite toppings.
4. Sprinkle with 1/2 to 1 cup of cheese.
5. Bake at 500 degrees for 5-7 minutes.
6. Cut into 2 inch wide strips.
**The amount of bread you use totally depends on your family size. For our large family I generally get 3 loaves.
I try to grab the loaves of French bread at Wal*Mart when they go half off so I only pay 50 cents per loaf. That makes this a really cheap meal! The kids love pepperoni and sausage on their pizzas. Matt and I usually go all out and add olives, mushrooms, peppers, onions, ham, and diced tomatoes in addition to the pepperoni and sausage. I’ve figured the trick to crispy french bread pizzas is to bake them at a higher temp for a shorter time. These came out perfect!
- 2-3 Loaves of French Bread**
- 2 jars pizza sauce
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Toppings of your choice
- Cut french bread in half, length wise and place open face on baking sheet.
- Spread 1/4-1/2 jar pizza sauce on each.
- Top with your favorite toppings.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 to 1 cup of cheese.
- Bake at 500 degrees for 5-7 minutes.
- Cut into 2 inch wide strips.