I’m always looking for easy and delicious Fall treats for my kids to enjoy so when I saw Healthy Pumpkin Brownies somewhere on Pinterest I thought “what could be better?” Well, you know what is better? Double layer frosted pumpkin brownies. Because frosting is everything, right? These turned out so yummy. Now, because I’m a glutton (and I’m serving a hundred kids in this house) I made 2 boxes of brownies and layered them. But for normal people with normal sized families I would recommend following the recipe below. Your thighs will thank you. Mine are angry.
1 box Family size brownie mix
1 can (15oz) pumpkin
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1. Mix brownie mix and pumpkin together until smooth.
2. Spread in 13×9 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
4. Allow to cool fully.
5. Carefully slide knife around sides to loosen from pan and flip out upside down onto counter or parchment paper.
6. Take knife and slice brownie into two layers (just like a cake)
7.Cream butter and pumpkin pie spice together.
8. Add powdered sugar and beat on low until mixed well.
9. Turn mixer to medium speed and beat until fluffy.
10. Spread thin layer of frosting on first brownie layer.
11. Carefully lay second brownie layer on top.
12. Spread remaining frosting on top.
Don’t they look decadent? My kids loved them. Despite making a double batch they were gone in an hour! I’m feeding animals, I tell ya. These were perfect for my kid who has issues with eggs because of the simple ingredients. I can’t wait to make them again. I might drizzle them with hot chocolate syrup next time!