Chicken Noodle is one of my favorite comfort food memories from my childhood. My mom made chicken noodle soup from scratch whenever we were feeling under the weather up until I left home. It’s one of those childhood memories that stuck with me and I try to incorporate into my kids’ lives. Instead of a soup I decided to make a chicken noodle casserole and the kids loved it.
16oz bowtie pasta, cooked
2 cups cooked & chopped chicken
1 bag (16oz) frozen mixed vegetables
1 cup milk
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp italian seasoning
1. In large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
2. Pour into baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
3. Cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
4. Uncover and continue baking for additional 15 minutes.
It was such an easy and flavorful dinner to make on a rainy night. I’m big on attaching comfort food to rainy nights because it brings back memories of my own childhood. It just gives me the warm and fuzzies. The kids loved this dinner and I’ll definitely make it again!
- 16oz bowtie pasta, cooked
- 2 cups cooked & chopped chicken
- 1 bag (16oz) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and continue baking for additional 15 minutes.