I love a good salad but my family of serious carnivores will only eat one that includes a decent amount of meat. This delicious layered Taco salad seems to be a winner in our house- we had zero leftovers and everyone loved it! I’m adding it to our meal rotation for summer time! It’s also a great dish to take to a summer pot luck- throw it together, chill for several hours, and grab it when you’re ready to go!
1 bag shredded lettuce
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 lb ground beef, cooked with taco seasoning
2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
2 cups taco sauce
2 cups sour cream
1 bag tortilla chips
1. Layer lettuce, beans, ground beef, cheese, tomatoes, taco sauce, and sour cream in large bowl.
2. Chill for several hours.
3. Serve over tortilla chips.
The flavor combo was delicious- just like eating chilled tacos. I loved it! It was super simple to throw together in the morning and toss in the fridge to chill all day until dinner time.
- 1 bag shredded lettuce
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked with taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups taco sauce
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- Layer lettuce, beans, ground beef, cheese, tomatoes, taco sauce, and sour cream in large bowl.
- Chill for several hours.
- Serve over tortilla chips.