This is a family favorite chicken recipe and it’s perfect for those busy nights when you just don’t have enough time to deal with anything that takes longer than 5 minutes to throw together. For me, that’s 5 nights out of 7 these days! I cut down on the prep time for this dish by making the chicken the day before in the crockpot (toss 1 lb chicken in the crockpot with 3-4 cups of broth and cook on low for 6 hours) and shredding it or using the Tyson’s refrigerated pre-cooked chicken strips.
2 cups cooked & chopped chicken
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup milk
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 box chicken stuffing
1. Prepare stuffing as directed on package; set aside.
2. In baking dish, combine chicken, soup, milk, and cheese.
3. Top with stuffing.
4. Bake at 400 for 30 minutes.
The kids clean their plates every time I make this one. The stuffing gives it just enough crunch and the cheese adds the kick of flavor. Sometimes I substitute Pepper Jack cheese for a little kick.
- 2 cups cooked & chopped chicken
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 box chicken stuffing
- Prepare stuffing as directed on package; set aside.
- In baking dish, combine chicken, soup, milk, and cheese.
- Top with stuffing.
- Bake at 400 for 30 minutes.