My family loves it when I make Chili in the crockpot but we always end up with a ton of leftovers that nobody wants to eat the next day. So I went searching for what to do with leftover chili and discovered this Chili Dog Cheese Fries Casserole! I made some changes and tweaked it to fit our family. The kids were so excited to see French Fries on their plates!
1 lb turkey sausage, sliced
20 oz leftover chili
1 bag frozen shoestring french fries
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1. Spray bottom of 13×9 baking pan with non-stick spray.
2. Mix sliced sausage and chili in pan.
3. Top with layer of french fries.
4. Bake at 450 for 25 minutes.
5. Top with cheese and continue baking for 3-5 minutes until cheese melts.
As I said, I used the leftover chili from our dinner the night before but you can also use a can of chili if you want too. You can also substitute hot dogs for the sausage- we just don’t like hot dogs unless they’re grilled. This turned out so much better than I expected. The kids ate every single bite and even the husband was impressed!
- 1 lb turkey sausage, sliced
- 20 oz leftover chili
- 1 bag frozen shoestring french fries
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Spray bottom of 13x9 baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Mix sliced sausage and chili in pan.
- Top with layer of french fries.
- Bake at 450 for 30 minutes.
- Top with cheese and continue baking for 3-5 minutes until cheese melts.