We are a family of chili lovers but a person can only eat regular chili so many times in a month before it gets a little monotonous. So I went on a hunt for some different chili recipes to try. I found a Chicken Taco Chili recipe but it wasn’t quite right so I tweaked it a few times until I got it perfect for our family. This recipe is super easy- it’s a dump and go crockpot recipe using frozen chicken breasts. I don’t even defrost them first- just toss the still frozen chicken breasts into the crockpot with the other ingredients and your prep work is done!
Crockpot Chicken Taco Chili
1 can (16oz) black beans
1 can (16oz) kidney beans
1 can (8oz) tomato sauce
1 pkg (10oz) frozen corn kernals
1 can Hunts Fire Roasted diced tomatoes with garlic
1 pkt taco seasoning
2 T cumin
2 T chili powder
3-4 frozen chicken breasts
1. Combine beans, corn, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder, and taco seasoning in crockpot.
2. Place chicken on top.
3. Cook on low for 10 hours or high for 6 hours.
4. Half an hour before serving, shred chicken and return to crockpot.
5. Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese, and tortilla strips.
I’ve added this recipe to our regular dinner rotation- that’s how much we love it! The crunch from the tortilla strips (I found them in the salad toppings section) really makes the dish and the sour cream adds the perfect amount of creaminess. I love tossing this together in the crockpot early on a Sunday and smelling it cook all day long. Yum!
- 1 can (16oz) black beans
- 1 can (16oz) kidney beans
- 1 can (8oz) tomato sauce
- 1 pkg (10oz) frozen corn kernals
- 1 cans diced tomatoes with garlic
- 1 pkt taco seasoning
- 1 T cumin
- 1 T chili powder
- 3-4 frozen chicken breasts
- Combine beans, corn, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder, and taco seasoning in crockpot.
- Place chicken on top.
- Cook on low for 10 hours or high for 6 hours.
- Half an hour before serving, shred chicken and return to crockpot.
- Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese, and tortilla strips.